Abstract Submission Requirements
Abstract submissions are to be entered before July 15th, 2008 (midnight CEST). To submit an abstract to the Elsevier Grand Challenge, you must use the EasyChair system. If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties with using the EasyChair system, please email the Secretary of the Panel of Judges, Anita de Waard, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include an executive summary of no more than 200 words
The project description should be prepared according to the format described below. The description should specifically address each section in the order presented using the subheadings as they appear. The project description should be no more than 1,500 words in total, excluding the executive summary.
- Project Goals, Purpose, and Outcomes. State the motivation of your project in a concise introductory paragraph. Describe your vision of the future of science publishing, and how your proposal will help attain it. Describe how the project addresses ways to:
- improve the process/methods/results of creating, reviewing and editing scientific content
- interpret, visualize or connect the knowledge more effectively, and/or
- provide tools/ideas for measuring the impact of these improvements.
- Detailed Project Description: Content and Functionalities
Describe which Elsevier/non-Elsevier content sources you aim to use, and how; describe in as much detail as space allows what you propose to do in terms of interfaces, architectures, and other technological/design aspects.
- Project Background
If appropriate, include a review of your pertinent previous work, including content repositories, pieces of software or other tools that you believe to be important to the evaluation of your project.
Provide a description of the proposed project activities, making it clear how these activities will allow you to reach the goals described in Section 1. This should include a clear articulation of the project timeline.
Cookies are set by this site. To decline them or learn more, visit our Cookies page.